Anyone can enter a tree 🎄 in the Festival. Many trees are entered to honor loved ones who have died. All trees help to raise funds to battle cancer. Last year there were almost 100 beautifully decorated, artificial Christmas trees. Each had its own unique and often untraditional theme. Trees must be at least 3 feet tall. Trees of a less traditional nature are encouraged. If you, your family, your workplace, or your group would like to participate, then please contact Marni Treitman at 774-289-5365 no later than November 10, 2017 for an application. You can fill out an application on line or print and mail our Tree Participation Form to Marni Treitman . at 97 Paradise Lane, Fiskdale, MA 01518.
Guidelines for Participation in The Festival of (Giving) Trees
- The trees must be artificial and have a tree stand. Lights on the trees are encouraged and a complimentary tree skirt is welcome. Trees and stands must be new.
- You must be able to place and decorate the tree at LaSalle Hall (Notre Dame) during the scheduled tree set-up time. Set up is Wednesday, November 29th between noon and 7:00 pm.
- The Committee is looking for a diversity of tree heights. In view of this, a business or organization must have a tree at least 6 feet in height. Taller trees are welcome. Individuals who are decorating a tree must use a tree at least 3 feet high.
Please bring original tree boxes and/or bags to leave for the winner to use to remove their tree.
- Decorations for the trees should reflect a holiday theme and / or a theme which reflects the work or activity that the organization is involved in.
- All questions regarding decorations should be directed to Marni Treitman at 774-289-5365.
- All decorated trees exhibited at The Festival will be raffled off on Sunday. During the week, raffle tickets will be sold to raise money for this year’s beneficiaries – Breast Cancer and Cancer Research.
- The Festival of (Giving) Trees will charge for viewing, a small admission charge during the week of $3.00 per adult. Children under 12 will be free, when accompanied by an adult. Special Preview Afternoon, Thursday, December 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., will be $3.00 per person or $5.00 per person which includes admission to the Choral Premiere at 7:00 p.m.
- Trees must be removed by winners on Sunday following the raffle by 7:00 p.m. It is important that the telephone number on the raffle ticket is at a location where someone is available to make arrangements to pick up the tree. Arrangements must be made by 5:00 p.m., If pick up is not arranged by 5:00 p.m.. the trees will be given to the runner-up.
- Several singing and choral groups will furnish entertainment throughout the week at various times, adding to the festivities of the event.